Daily Archives: October 27, 2015
This cross, located in the grounds of St Michael’s Church, Kildysart dates from 28 October, 1865. It was recalls a parish mission conducted by the Redemptorist Fathers in the parish one hundred and fifty years ago. During the mission 1,500 people ranging in age from twelve to sixty years received the sacrament of confirmation. Large confirmation ceremonies were common during the 1860’s as Ireland gradually recovered from the famine and parish structures grew stronger.