Monthly Archives: October 2020
The Feasts of All Saints and All Souls will be celebrated on Sunday 1 November and on Monday, 2 November.
- Due to the public health emergency it will not be possible to have our usual shared moment of prayer for our deceased loved ones in the cemeteries. Naturally, families are welcome to visit the graves of their loved ones to pray for them. The priests in our pastoral area will visit each cemetery during November to bless the graves and pray for those buried there.
- The usual Masses for the Holy Souls will be offered during November by the priests of our pastoral area. You will find a list for the Holy Souls in your box of envelopes or you may collect a Holy Souls envelope by contacting our pastoral office.
- Mass for the feast of All Souls (Monday 2 November) will be celebrated at 7pm in St Michael’s Church, Kildysart. Due to the public health emergency it will not be possible to have a congregation present but the Mass will be livestreamed on the Kildysart parish facebook page. The Mass will be offered for parishioners and relations of parishioners of Kildysart and Coolmeen-Cranny parishes who have died since last November. If you would like to have a loved one included in this Mass you are welcome to contact our pastoral office by telephone or e mail.
- 11am Mass each Sunday from St Michael’s Church, Kildysart will be live-streamed on the Kildysart Facebook page;
- 11am Mass each Sunday from the Church of Our Lady of the Wayside, Lissycasey will be live-streamed on the Ballynacally-Lissycasey Facebook page.
Kildysart Parish Account 2019:
The 2019 parish accounts are available on our parish website or on our Church notice board. If any parishioner has a query you are very welcome to contact Fr Albert McDonnell or the pastoral office.
We wish to thank you for your generous support of our parish. We are especially grateful to our parishioners who use the weekly envelope which allows the parish to avail of the tax refund scheme. We received €12,511.76 from the tax refund scheme in 2019 (without any cost to our parishioners). We now have the additional facility of a donate button on our parish website which allows you to make either a once-off or a recurring donation using your bank card. We carried out essential repairs to our parish Church in 2019 which were funded through our parish raffle and grant aid from Clare County Council.
We wish to thank our parish pastoral and finance councils and our secretary Liza Nagle for their work in caring for our parish finances.
A summary of our 2019 accounts can accessed here
|Income 2019||€106,960.51||Income 2018||€52,439.87|
|Expenses 2019||€109,547.92||Expenditure 2018||€53,814.96|
|Net Shortfall 2019||€2,587.41||Net shortfall 2018||€1,375.09|