Daily Archives: April 1, 2016
We pray for the young people in our parish who are preparing to receive sacraments this year and also for their parents, trachers and families. Our parish programme of preparation includes the following:
First Holy Communion and Reconciliation.
- Enrolment Mass Sunday 25 October 2015 at 11am;
- Preparation Mass Sunday 22 November 2015 at 11am;
- Preparation Mass Sunday 13 December 2015 at 11am;
- Preparation Mass Sunday 14 February 2016 at 11am;
- Sacrament of Reconciliation Wednesday 9 March 2016 at 7.00pm;
- First Holy Communion Sunday 24 April 2016 at 11am.
- Enrolment Mass Sunday 15 November 2015 at 11am;
- Ceremony of Light Tuesday 1 March 2016 at 7pm;
- Confirmation Pentecost Sunday (15 May), 2016.
Killaloe Diocesan Holy Year Pilgrimage to Rome
1 August – 6 August 2016
Pope Francis has called an extraordinary Jubilee that is to have the mercy of God at its heart. In the Pope’s words ‘It shall be a Holy Year of Mercy. We want to live this Year in the light of the Lord’s words: “Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. (cf. Lk 6:36)”’
This Holy Year will begin on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (8 December, 2015) and will end on 20 November, 2016, the Feast of Christ the King. During this time the Holy Doors in St Peter’s Basilica and the other Papal Basilicas, which are usually bricked-up, will be opened.
Pope Francis adds that the Holy Year is ‘a new stage in the journey of the Church on its mission to bring to every person the Gospel of mercy. I am convinced that the whole Church will find in this Jubilee the joy needed to rediscover and make fruitful the mercy of God, with which all of us are called to give consolation to every man and woman of our time.’
The Diocese of Killaloe is organising a pilgrimage to Rome during the Holy Year from 1 August to 6 August 2016. Accommodation will be at the Pontifical Irish College in the city centre. There will be an opportunity to attend a liturgy with Pope Francis and to walk through the holy doors in all four Papal Basilicas. The pilgrimage is being organised by Kieran Troy and a guide will be available through-out. Attached please find a copy of the itinerary and booking form. For further information Telephone 057 9355050 (mornings only) or e mail email@example.com