Monthly Archives: March 2020
The following is a reflection shared at Sunday Mass without a congregation in St Michael’s Church, Kildysary on 29 March, 2020. Parishioners and others took part in Mass by means of Facebook live.
Fifth Sunday of Lent – 29 March 2020
Each Sunday at 11am while the present health emergency persists we plan to live stream Mass at 11am from St Michael’s Church, Kildysart on the Kildysart parish facebook page.
Sunday, 29 March 2020 – Fifth Sunday of Lent A.
Updated guidelines from Bishop Monahan issued on 28 March 2020 are available here
Sadly from 29 March until further notice all our Churches will be closed.
Sunday Mass from St Michael’s Church, Kildysart will be live-streamed on the Kildysart parish face book page each Sunday at 11am.
COVID-19: To help counter the spread of infection, we are asked to:
- suspend shaking hands at Mass as a sign of peace;
- suspend the distribution of the chalice;
- receive Holy Communion only on the hand;
- suspend the use of holy water fonts;
- request eucharistic ministers to use hand cleanser before and after distributing Holy Communion;
- suspend the circulation of the collection basket. You may place your envelope/donation in the basket/box at the entrance to the Church;
- use all the space in the Church so as to ensure (in so far as possible) a distance of one meter between people, other than family members;
- use the hand sanitiser placed at the Church doors.