Monthly Archives: October 2016
We pray for the children in our parish who are preparing to receive the Lord in Holy Communion for the first time on 28 May 2017.
May the Lord bless them, their parents, families and teachers during this important time in their lives. As we discussed at our parents’ meeting with Joanne O’Brien and Cora Guinnane, preparation for sacraments is a three way partnership between home, parish and school.
Our parish preparation programme will include the following liturgies:
- Enrolment Mass Sunday 13 November 2016 at 11am;
- Preparation Mass Sunday 11 December 2016 at 11am;
- Preparation Mass Sunday 15 January 2017 at 11am;
- Preparation Mass Sunday 19 February 2017 at 11am;
- Preparation Mass Sunday 26 March 2017 at 11am;
- Sacrament of Reconciliation Wednesday 3 May 2017 at 7.00pm;
- First Holy Communion Sunday 28 May 2017 at 11am.
We thank the group of parents who are organising these liturgies and pray God’s blessing on all our children, their families and all who care for them.
The Diocese of Killaloe and the parish of Kildysart value and encourage the participation of children and young people in parish liturgies and other activities. All children and young people who are involved in the life of our diocese and parish should be treated with respect and their dignity should be cherished. All staff/volunteers involved in our parish are asked to read the attached code of behaviour and to respect it.
Wednesday 2 November is the feast of All Souls, when we remember our beloved dead.
Mass will be celebrated in St Mary’s Church, Cranny on that morning at 9.30am and in St Michael’s Church, Kildysart that evening at 8pm.
On Sunday, 6 November we will have a moment of prayer in the cemeteries in Kildysart and Coolmeen-Cranny parishes at the following times:
- Kildysart cemetery: Immediately after 11am Mass;
- Kilfiddane cemetery: 12.30 pm;
- Cranny cemetery: 1.15 pm.
Prayer by Cardinal Newman
May He support us all the day long,
till the shades lengthen and the evening comes,
and the busy world is hushed,
and the fever of life is over,
and our work is done.Then in His mercy may He give us a safe lodging,
and a holy rest and peace at the last.